Tala was named one of the top 50 FinTech companies in the world. We are a financial technology company on a mission to make financial services simple, inclusive, and accessible for the doers and dreamers globally. More than 5 million people in emerging markets have borrowed through our smartphone app, which provides instant credit scoring, lending, education, and other personalized financial services. Headquartered in Santa Monica, we support the needs of our customers in Kenya, Mexico, Philippines, and India.
About the role:
This position, based in Bangalore, will be responsible for supporting Tala’s rapidly growing business in India. You will serve as the primary lawyer responsible for working with the global Tala Legal team in drafting and negotiating commercial agreements and other documentation, managing corporate governance and compliance in India, and advising on regulatory issues, along with other special projects unique to a growing startup. In this challenging position, you will report to the Associate General Counsel and work closely with the teams in Bangalore on government affairs, FinTech licensing projects, and advising on product strategy. We are seeking a highly motivated, self-starter who enjoys working in a dynamic, fast-paced and collaborative environment. This work involves a lot of “doing” versus “managing.” We need an all-star attorney who is excited to “roll up his or her sleeves” with drafting agreements and policies while also providing strategic advice.
Eligibility and Experience:
- 4-5 years of legal experience with a minimum of 2+ years at a top tier law firm in India, preferably on FinTech, finance or corporate matters;
- A law degree from a leading university or law school
- A demonstrated passion for Tala’s mission
- Strong drafting skills, highly organised and extremely detail-oriented
- Self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity and working independently on both high level projects and the day-to-day requirements and paperwork of a lean legal department
- Proactive, enthusiastic and enjoys being challenged, and demonstrates sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
- Experience working in-house, at a startup and/or in the FinTech industry
- Compliance experience
- Experience working with financial services regulators
- Experience working in the US or with US clients
Work and Responsibility:
- Draft and negotiate commercial contracts and other documentation
- Collaborate with US legal team to manage Tala’s regulatory compliance, licensing and registration obligations for existing and future business lines in India
- Manage and continue to build out the company’s compliance program in India
- Stay current on regulatory changes that may impact Tala or provide strategic opportunities
- Manage Tala’s corporate governance and regulatory compliance, including filings and working with external corporate secretary
- Interact with regulatory bodies as needed
- Work closely with the Associate General Counsel and US legal team as well as the non-legal teams in Bangalore.
How to Apply?
For further details visit: https://jobs.lever.co/tala/01974422-24b3-4308-815a-1b1ab74415fe
sociate General Counsel and US legal team as well as the non-legal teams in Bangalore. How to Apply? https://jobs.lever.co/tala/01974422-24b3-4308-815a-1b1ab74415fe/apply?lever-source=LinkedIn For further details visit: https://jobs.lever.co/tala/01974422-24b3-4308-815a-1b1ab74415fe