About the Institution
School of Law, is a part of CHRIST (Deemed to be University), Bangalore. The parent University, a premier educational institution accredited with an A grade in 2016 by NAAC, is an academic fraternity dedicated to the motto of ‘Excellence and Service’. School of Law is an institute imparting world class legal education to students from across the world. SLCU entered the list of top law schools in India according to the NIRF Rankings declared by the MHRD in 2020.
About the E-Conference
The world has been grasped by an unprecedented global pandemic. Human rights violations have been on the rise, posing a challenge to the justice delivery mechanism. The pandemic has had a substantial impact on the constitutional debates regarding protection of fundamental rights pertaining to legitimacy and genuinity of various technological developments and programmes.
This period has also cast its shadow over the environment creating niche areas of discussions. Besides these COVID induced challenges, the nation is also grappling with numerous contemporary challenges for instance, passage of the farmer acts, dilution of labour laws and reduced GST compensation to states.
In the light of the aforementioned predicaments, School of Law, CHRIST proposes its 11th National E-Conference on “Contemporary Legal Issues and Reflections amidst the Pandemic”.
The committee shall conduct webinars on the themes of the National E-Conference with a view of encouraging research culture in these tough times, and to provide a better understanding on the respective themes. School of Law, Christ (Deemed to be University) is proud to collaborate with EBC & SCC Online as the media partners and Libertatem Magazine as the knowledge partner for the event.
Objectives of the E-Conference
- To deliberate upon contemporary legal issues arising out of the pandemic.
- To facilitate academic discussions and presentations amongst the legal fraternity.
- To provide an opportunity to participants to interact with eminent legal personalities.
- To promote a platform for exchange of ideas and enhance research skills.
- To devise plausible proposals by collating suggestions and recommendations.
Call for Papers
The E-Conference calls for submissions on the following theme and sub-themes:
Theme I: Challenges to Justice Administration vis-a-vis Human Rights
- The Rising Gender Based Violence during Lockdown
- Impact of COVID-19 on the Criminal Trial Procedure
- Resort to ODR in Resolving Commercial Disputes
- Balancing between Parole and Prison during COVID 19
Theme II: Impending Constitutional Debates and Discussions
- E-Pharmacies, Clinical Trials – Contravention of Health Rights?
- Centralised Control of COVID 19 and Federalism
- PM CARES Fund: Transparency and Accountability Analysis
- Imposition of Contact Tracing Apps: A Privacy Perspective
Theme III: Environmental Law and Policy Framework
- Control and Management of Bio-Medical Waste
- Regulation of Contagious Virus Genome Editing: An International Perspective
- Obviating Inhumane Treatment of Animals: A Necessity
- COVID-19 and the International State Responsibility
Theme IV: Contemporary Legal Predicaments and Developments
- Farm Acts: A Strike on Socialistic Ideals?
- Permissibility of “Act of God” excuse to reduce GST Compensation
- Right to Dissent v. National Security: Freedom of Speech and Expression
- Examining the impact of Dilution in Labour Laws
The list of afore-mentioned themes is suggestive in nature and meritorious contributions on other sub-themes related to the broad theme are also invited. The authors may also incorporate jurisprudential or international perspectives to their papers based on the area chosen.
Who can Attend?
Academicians, practitioners, research scholars, and students are invited to submit research abstracts on the selection of which the authors shall be required to submit full papers and present the same at the E-Conference.
- Abstract Submission: November 20, 2020
- Communication of Acceptance of Abstract: November 25, 2020
- Last date for Registration and Payment: December 10, 2020
- Submission of Full Papers: December 27, 2020
- Date of the E – Conference: January 22 – 23, 2021
CISCO WebEx shall be used for paper presentation and conduct of National E-Conference. Further, details on the usage and registration to the platform will be shared to the participants at a later stage.
The abstract should not exceed 300 words, and must be accompanied with a cover page stating:
- Title of the Paper
- Name of the Author(s)
- Name of the Institution
- E-mail Address
- Postal Address
- Contact number
The abstract file shall be named as: <Theme number>_<full name of the author(s)>.
- Single Authorship: Theme1_RajeevShankar
- Co-Authorship: Theme1_RajeevShankar&RahulMohan
The word limit of the full paper shall be 3000 – 4000 words and must be accompanied with the following:
A cover letter mentioning the Name of the Author(s), Course, Year of Study (if applicable), Name of the College/University (if applicable), Professional Position (if applicable), Title and Theme of the Paper, with Postal Address, Email Address and Contact Number.
Registration form & Payment: The details of the same shall be intimated to the participants whose abstracts get selected
- The main text of the full paper and the abstract should be in Times New Roman with font size 12 and line spacing of 1.5.
- The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 with spacing of 1.0 (Endnotes are not permitted)
- One inch margins should be maintained on all four sides of the pages.
- Citation Style: Bluebook, 20th edition.
- The word limit of the paper shall be 3000 – 4000 words (excluding footnotes/annexure/reports etc.)
- The abstract and full paper have to mandatorily be submitted in Pdf format only.
- Co-authorship is permitted to a maximum of two authors and at least one author must attend the E-Conference to present the paper.
- No Proxy presentations are allowed.
- The School of Law, CHRIST in keeping with its mandate of publishing original works only, adopts a stringent anti-plagiarism policy. Any paper containing any unattributed work is thus liable to be rejected.
- All participants will be provided an electronic certificate of participation.
- One best paper presenter from each sub-theme will be given a certificate of merit and cash award.
- The best paper presenters will also be provided with an internship opportunity and allied perks by Libertatem Magazine.
- Selected full papers will be published in an E-Journal with ISBN no. subject to the quality of the papers received.
- For Students: INR 700/- for single authorship and INR 1000/- for co-authorship.
- For Professionals and Academicians: INR 900/- for single authorship and INR 1200/- for co-authorship.
For any further clarifications mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or, contact the Student Convenors:
Rajveer Singh Gurdatta: email@example.com
Ann Clara Tomy: firstname.lastname@example.org