About the Organisation
Sharda University School of Law (SUSOL) is a dynamic and progressive Law School situated in the clean environment of Greater Noida (National Capital Region) and one of the prestigious Law schools in NCR. SUSOL offers BCI approved Five Year B.A. LL.B.(Hons.), Five Year B.B.A. LL.B.(Hons.), One Year LL.M. and Ph. D. in Law Programmes.
About the Event
To appreciate concept of Constitutionalism, understand role of Judiciary in upholding Constitutionalism, discuss the challenges faced by courts in upholding Rule of Law and provide insights upon emerging issues on judicial sanctity and transformative Constitutionalism; School of Law, Sharda University is organizing a National Virtual Seminar and seeks submissions from academicians, lawyers, research scholars and students.
It is my honour to invite you to Sharda’s Virtual National Seminar on the Role of Judiciary in upholding Constitutionalism on 21st November 2020 (Saturday). We are privileged and delighted to inform you that Hon’ble Mr. Justice Dipak Misra (Former Chief Justice of India) will be gracing the event as the Chief Guest for the inaugural session and Hon’ble Justice Ms. Indira Banerjee* (Judge, Supreme Court of India) will be gracing the event as the Chief Guest for the Valedictory session. (*to be confirmed
Registration & Submission
Participants should submit the Abstract along with the full paper latest by Wednesday, 18th November 2020 along with the requisite fee. The details are to be shared in a Google form.
Professionals/Advocated & Academicians: Rs. 750/-
Students & Research Scholars: Rs. 500/-
Call for Paper
The organizers of the Seminar call upon the legal professionals, academicians, practitioners, research scholars, administrators, students, social activists and the representatives of governmental and non-governmental organizations to present their research papers relevant to the below-mentioned themes:
- Politics and Constitutionalism
- Transformative Constitutionalism and Role of Judiciary in India
- Sanctity of Judiciary for maintaining Constitutionalism
- Modern Concept of Rule of Law
- Environmental Constitutionalism
- Judicial Supremacy in Comparative Constitutional Law
- Contemporary Constitutionalism and the dialectic of constituent power
- Mediated Popular Constitutionalism
- Judges as guardians of constitutionalism and human rights
- New Constitutionalism and the Expansion of Judicial Authority
The above themes are indicative and the author can send the article on any topic related to the broad theme of the Seminar.
Guidelines for Seminar Paper
- The abstract should be a maximum of 250 words indicating the theme of proposed research with five relevant keywords. The research paper should be strictly thematic.
- Full Paper must consist of minimum 2500 words and maximum 6000 words excluding references and footnotes (Descriptive footnotes and substantive text in the footnotes is not permitted).
- Footnotes must follow The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (Harvard, 19th Edition).
- Abstract and Full paper is to be submitted in soft copy in MS-Word format(Times New Roman, font size 14 for the heading, 12 for the text and 10 for the footnotes with 1.5 spacing for the text and 1.0 spacing for the footnotes).
- A separate MS-Word File should be submitted containing the article title, followed by Author’s Name, Co-author’s Name(if any) affiliation, communication address, email and phone details.
- Submission of a declaration stating that the work is original and bonafide.
- Only one co-author is permitted.
- Name of Account Holder: Sharda University School of Law
- Account Number: 912010034705440
- IFSC Code: UTIB0000624
- Bank Name & Address: Axis Bank Limited, Alpha Commercial Belt, Greater Noida
§ Contact Information
- Email ID: email@example.com