CUTS Institute for Regulation and Competition (CIRC) is a not-for-profit and independent research and capacity-building organization that has been active in the areas of competition, regulation, and sustainable infrastructure.
They assist multilateral and bilateral government and private agencies in knowledge creation as well as capacity building for achieving better outcomes in policy formulation and also projects that they undertake.
About The Internship
An internship programme is offered by CIRC in Competition Law for graduate, pursuing as well as post graduate law students, economists with a relevant understanding of competition law. We shall be offering four internships throughout the course of the year. Interns are expected to dedicate their time, talent and creative skills towards every assignment given to them. In return, interns get learning opportunities and experiences that help them with both academic and professional growth. A supervisor will be assigned to oversee the work of the researcher and will ensure a comprehensive research agenda for the intern for the three months with specified outcome.
- Current position-Research Intern
- Discipline-Competition Law and Policy
- Duration-Two to three months
- Location- New Delhi, India
Graduate, pursuing as well as postgraduate law students, economists with a relevant understanding of competition law.
The internship programme involves following
1.Have an opportunity to undertake research methodology training,
2. Assist in developing research proposals and presentations for the research team,
3. Assisting CIRC teams in on-going research projects,
4. Writing research papers on relevant issues on the CIRC website/blog,
5. Interactions with experts and academicians at government and independent organisations,
6. Active participation in various initiatives and events at CIRC.
Note: All interns shall be required to submit a paper on a related subject of about ten thousand words. CIRC would retain the right to publish these in their publications with due acknowledgment of authorship.
An ideal candidate should:
- be a law graduate or pursuing Masters in Law or a candidate with an experience to work with competition law regulators or an economist with an understanding of competition law dynamics,
- be innovative and practical,
- have strong research aptitude, excellent writing and good communication skills,
- have working proficiency in MS Excel, MS word and power-point presentation etc.,
- should have fluency in English language.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive.
It is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job, and as such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
Interested candidates are required to send/email their updated resume, along with a cover letter/ expression of interest, transcripts, two written samples (published or unpublished) and two references, preferably one academic reference. The said can be shared with the HR at CIRC at email@example.com
The application upon receipt will be scrutinised by CIRC. Upon shortlisting the candidates shall be called for a web interview and if successful shall be offered the internship.
Please note that the organisation shall not provide any travel or accommodation assistance, the candidates shall be required to arrange the same personally.
If you have any questions/queries, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org or reach us at +91-11-40197995
For more details, Click Here. – https://circ.in/internship-competition-law-policy/