About the Opportunity
Ministry of External Affairs is looking to hire for the job post of Consultant in Court Cases in the CPV (Consular, Passport & Visa) Division of the Ministry of External Affairs.
About the CPV Division
The Consular, Passport & Visa (CPV) Division of the Ministry of External Affairs inter alia handles all policy matters related to:
- Issuance of Diplomatic & Official Passports
- Consular Grievance
- Legalisation/Attestation of documents
- Extradition Matters
- Processing of Visa requests from foreign Missions & Posts based in New Delhi for their Diplomats & non-diplomatic staff
- Issuance of Indian Visas at our Missions abroad for foreign nationals
- Registration of births and deaths abroad
- Issuance of OCI Card by our Missions/Posts abroad
- The Consultant shall act as a single-window for all Court cases pertaining to matters dealt with by the CPV Division of MEA.
- To receive and compile the Court notices / Summons / Petitions, etc.
- To share Court notice / Summons / Petitions with Section / Divisions concerned in the Ministry and Missions / Posts abroad and solicit their inputs to prepare responses to such Notices / Summons / Petitions, etc.
- To prepare draft affidavits and other inputs in consultation with Section/Divisions concerned and in consultation with Central Government Standing Counsels / Law Officers.
- To coordinate and maintain contact with Central Govt. Standing Counsels to keep abreast of ongoing and current Court Cases.
- To maintain a status report of all ongoing Court Cases and track the dates of next hearing etc to suitably alert the Officers concerned.
- To process matters related to payment of professional fees to Central Govt. Standing Counsels / Law Officers as admissible.
- Any other legal matter as directed by Head of Division.
- The Applicant should be an Indian national.
- The applicants must have retired from Central Government service at the level of Deputy Secretary/ Under Secretary.
- He/She must possess Bachelors’s Degree in law.
- The applicant must also have knowledge of basic computer skills.
- The applicant must have 2 years’ experience in handling Court Cases.
- Applicants should not be older than 63 years of age and should be physically fit to perform duties.
Desirable Criteria: 5 years of work experience in handling Courts Cases/legal field
Ministry of External Affairs will review the applications and shortlist the candidates it considers suitable for the interview. The short-listed candidates will be intimated by email.
The final selection will be based on their performance at the interview.
The decision of the Government regarding the selection of candidates will be final.
The applicants must attach the following documents in support of their educational qualifications, experience in Govt. service and PPO Order, etc, with the application.
The envelope containing the applicants’ details as mentioned above should be clearly labeled “Application for the post of Consultant (Court Cases) for CPV Division of Ministry of External Affairs”.
The address the application should be sent to:
Shri S. L. Mallik,
Under Secretary (PF/PG) Ministry of External Affairs,
Room No. 4071,
Jawaharlal Nehru Bhawan, 23-D,
Janpath, New Delhi 110011.
November 18, 2020