At Nokia, we create the technology to connect the world. Developing and delivering the industry’s only end-to-end portfolio of network equipment, software, services and licensing that is available globally. Through our research teams, including the world-renowned Nokia Bell Labs, Nokia is leading the world to adopt end-to-end 5G networks that are faster, more secure and capable of revolutionizing lives, economies and societies. Nokia adheres to the highest ethical business standards as we create technology with social purpose, equality and integrity. A truly global company, we are 160 nationalities working in more than 100 countries.
Senior Legal Counsel
Gurgaon, Haryana, India.
- The position shall be based in Gurgaon, Haryana and shall report to the Head Legal and Compliance, India.
- The position will be responsible to handle all legal, contractual and regulatory matters for the company and will also be closely aligned and be required to interface regularly with the relevant business heads, procurement and sales Team and all other support functions.
- The candidate should have an excellent academic background with a Law Degree from a reputable university/ institution.
- He/she should be qualified in India with a minimum of 15 years post-qualification experience in the corporate commercial law.
- Exposure to the telecom sector would be preferred.
- The candidate must have excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to draft and close commercial agreements independently and efficiently; strong organizational and interpersonal skills, people management, including ability to work effectively with the business team and with senior management team; proactive, with excellent research, analytical skills and should be able to exercise judgment and discretion to opine on legal issues effectively; should abreast with all the applicable statutes and laws.
- Imagine creating technology that has the potential to change the world. Working with us, you will have a positive impact on people’s lives and help to overcome some of the world’s most pressing challenges. We act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, colour, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Nokia culture welcomes people as their true selves. Come create the technology to connect the world.
Job Responsibilities & Competencies:
- Provide strong contracting, legal and regulatory support to the business/procurement teams on all business operations and activities of the Company.
- Provide effective legal support to the business and procurement teams in contract structuring, preparation and negotiation.
- Draft contract templates for all lines of business of the Organization.
- Managing and resolving complex contracts and RFP/Tender issues with the customers/vendors.
- Provide general legal advice and support to other functions e.g. human resources, finance, IT, admin, corporate services, real estate management etc.
- Assist in evaluations and conducting thorough due diligence for all deals and transactions and effectively develop and implement appropriate risk-mitigation strategies in relation to Organization’s business operations.
To Apply for this position visit : https://careers.nokia.com/jobs/senior-legal-counsel-53266