About JP Morgan & Co. :
JP Morgan & Co., is one the oldest financial institutions, which offers innovative financial solutions to millions of customers, businesses and government clients under the JP Morgan and Chase brands. Having a history of 200 years and today marks a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
The company recognize that our people are the real strength and their diverse talents bring the global workforce which are directly linked to the success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. Also, there is no discrimination on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, gender, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy, or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance of the same, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employer’s religious beliefs as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Last date to Apply – 27/11/2020, 17:58
Position: JP Morgan’s EMEA Retail Structured Products (RSP) Team is looking for a motivated individual to assist with structured securitized transactions, working with the other lawyers in the team on business and regulatory projects and supporting the lawyers in maintaining the bank’s securitized issuance programmes.
The Individual will also be responsible for liaising with the Structured Investments Distributor Marketing (SIDM) on their securitized transactions, including reviewing and drafting of disclosure and transaction legal documents and ensuring that they are finalized in a timely manner. Position involves managing a steady stream of transactional flow- and looking for someone who is very organized and good with the time management.
The employer will also be working on business and legal projects. Typical projects include on-boarding new automation platforms and working with other SIDM stakeholders in creating legal documentation templates, conducting jurisdictional research and regulatory implementation. Projects are typically coordinated and led from London and the individual will be working with other lawyers in the team on pre- defined tasks and participating as a ley member on the wider project team. He will also support lawyers in the RSP team with the maintenance of the bank’s issuance platforms such as drafting of supplements and assisting with regulatory filings.
The role will require individual to interact regularly with the other lawyers in the team, SIDM Sale desks, corporate support functions (e.g. Compliance, Tax, Middle Office) and external counsel.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Qualified in India or other common law jurisdiction with at least 3 years post- qualification corporate/commercial legal experience either as in-house counsel or as a lawyer in a top tier corporate law firm.
- Experience with structured products and derivatives documentation.
- Team player, confident and proactive, enjoy regular interaction with legal colleagues and other corporate functions.
- Exceptionally organized and has great communication skills
- Interested in transactional and project work.
- Ability to work in a multi-jurisdiction environment, experience in remote working/offshore working would be a plus but it is not a pre-requisite.
- Conflicts of Interest: all candidates for roles in the Legal department must successfully complete a conflict of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment.
- Licensing Qualifications: JD or educational equivalent required. Attorney candidates must be in compliance with all relevant licensing requirements including the requirements of the jurisdiction where the role will be located prior to commencement of employment.
Opening date: 08/10/2020
Closing date: 27/11/2020
Job Identification: 210035708
For more details visit :