ENSURING LEGAL RIGHTS OF ACCUSED AMIDST CORONAVIRUS CRISIS
OBJECTIVES OF THE WEBINAR
- Through this webinar, the audience will be able to understand the topic and will learn to analyse the rights of accused, its procedure and the challenges faced during claiming such rights and the judicial approach in light of Covid-19.
- As we have witnessed a striking rise in violation of basic legal rights of the accused during covid-19 lockdown, there is a need to spread awareness among people about their rights.
- To understand the exact meaning and process of claiming these rights so there is no ambiguity in people’s mind regarding the same.
- Students can understand the topic for clarity and knowledge.
- The webinar will emphasize on the interdisciplinary approach and thus will be useful for all the participants.
- This webinar will be extremely useful for law students with an interest in criminal law, or criminal litigation, and for young lawyers who have just started out.
TOPICS THE WEBINAR WILL ADDRESS:
- Legal Rights of the accused in India.
- What are the rights of accused and who all are covered? (Pre-Trial, During Trial and Post Trial rights of the accused person in India).
- Judicial approach towards protection of rights of accused in Light of Covid-19.
- Procedural provisions relating to the Rights of the Accused.
- Extension of Bail by Supreme Court in light of Covid-19.
- Right to Bail as part of udndertrial’s Right to Life.
- Releasing prisoners during the Covid-19 Crisis.
- Immediate steps to be taken in light of Covid-19.
Date: Sunday, 24th May, 2020
Time: 05:00 PM to 06.00 PM
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Law students, Advocates, Academicians, Legal Professionals, Research Scholars, Judges, Judiciary Aspirants, UPSC Aspirants and Prisoner’s Rights Activists should attend.
Note: Limited seats only. First come first serve rule.
*E-Certificate of Attendance will be mailed to all participants. (Soft copy)
Mr. ABHIMANYU SINGH
Abhimanyu Singh is a young, strategic and responsive academician and lawyer who is an expert in legal field having more than 6 years of experience in litigation, teaching and research. Abhimanyu completed his B.A.-LLB (Hons.) from Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (NLU Patiala) and also holds a Master’s in Criminal Laws. He has cleared UGC-NET in Criminology and in Law. He specialises in laws related to Juvenile Delinquency, Criminal Justice Administration, Forensic Investigations, Cyber Crimes, Domestic violence, Family, Corporate, drafting & vetting of documents, Labor and Business Laws. Abhimanyu Singh is the founder of ‘MANULEGAL’- An online web portal for legal news and events.
Abhimanyu has numerous publications in reputed national and international journals and to his credit he is the author of two eminent books on Public International Law and Human Rights. Adding to his credit he has judged many national moot court competitions organised by prestigious universities across India. He has also worked as Assistant Professor of Law at ICFAI University. He is a well-recognized name in the legal academic fraternity. Moving towards making academics as his integral orientation he is pursuing Ph.D. in law on “Crimes against Juvenile in India” and is working towards a strapping mission of protecting juvenile against crimes and creating a safe and secure environment for them.