LAST DATE TO APPLY- JULY 7
About the Organization
The National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro-Sciences is a premier medical institution in Bengaluru, India. NIMHANS is the apex centre for mental health and neuroscience education in the country. It is an Institute of National Importance operates autonomously under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
About the Job
Applications are invited from the eligible candidates, for filling up the post of Project Officers: Lawyer on Contract Basis in the Ministry of Women & Child Development funded project titled “National Initiative & Integrated Resource for Child Protection, Mental Health, and Psychosocial Care”, under Dr. Shekhar Seshadri, Senior Professor, Dept. of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry and Principal Investigator
Number of Vacancies
NIMHANS or Bangalore City, Karnataka
- Minimum of LLB degree.
- At least 2 years’ experience in directly working with children in the juvenile justice system, and/or in Special Courts/ family courts.
- Strong English oral and written skills.
- Good working knowledge of oral Hindi.
- A thorough knowledge of Indian laws pertaining to children (such as POCSO, JJ Act etc.)
- Evidence of training experience in child and law-related issues.
- Evidence of written work and documentation in the area of child and law-related issues.
- Willingness to travel within the country.
Desired Knowledge and Skills
- Oral/working knowledge of at least 1 (Indian) regional language.
- A deep commitment to children’s issues.
- Dynamic and flexible with the ability to undertake new initiatives and respond quickly to changing situations and new needs.
Rs. 90,000/- per month (Consolidated).
How to Apply?
Eligible candidates fulfilling all criteria may apply by sending the following two documents ONLY to by email to email@example.com:
- A covering letter explaining eligibility for the position (in accordance with the essential criteria mentioned above).
- Please do NOT send degree certificates/testimonials or any other document at this stage.
- In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, all work and related travel will be in accordance with health advisories put out by the Government of India and/or State Governments.
Candidates who apply should invariably mention the Notification Number & Date, Position applied for; email ID, Contact Number & Postal Address, failing which the application will not be considered.
Eligible candidates will be shortlisted. The interview will be conducted via Video conference and the details will be communicated to the shortlisted candidates. The last date for receipt of applications is 7th July 2020. Applications received later will not be entertained.
For More Information visit: https://nimhans.ac.in/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/NOTIFICATION_Dr.SPS_.pdf